Great Kdramas to Watch

3:49 AM

Here's some suggestion for those who seeks the joy of Kdramas .

This Chinese New Year, I bet a lot of you will be having amazing activities and plans with family, friends or even lovers. As a student, I don't have the luxury to be out partying and whatnot. My bank account won't approve of that. Plus, I don't even have a boyfriend to take me on romantic trips 😂
So, my usual remedy for this situation is to snuggle in bed with a cup of coffee and watch Kdramas. The reasons I prefer Kdramas than movies are:-

  1. They're a lot longer than movies (normally 16-20 episodes) - this helps me forget time like, I watched a few eps in the morning and then BAM ! its midnight . Its like MAGIC
  2. I love the Korean language, culture, history, food and technology. Every single thing is captivating to me so when I watch a Kdrama, its like I can be a part of it.
  3. The feels. Anyone who has ever watched a Kdrama will agree with me on this one. The feels just hit you right in the balls.
You know what? I've been blabbering enough so let's just get into the list.

1. Goblin (Completed)

Goblin is a fantasy romance about a modern day goblin (Gong Yoo) who wants to end his immortal life and needs a human bride (Kim Go Eun) to do so. He ends up living with a grim reaper (Lee Dong Wook) who has amnesia. The drama will tell the story of the lives of those that see the souls of the dead to the afterlife.

My comment: This drama is currently second on my Most Favourite Kdrama of All Time just below Moon Lovers-Scarlet Heart:Ryeo (which I will get to in a second). It has a heavy fantasy concept which was beautifully executed. The chemistry between the casts really shows throughout the entire series. Bonus: pretty casts and scenery

Getting into it: Easy
Romance: Cute but not as cute as the bromance 😉
Funny: You'll find urself smiling/ chuckling without realising
Epicness: Pretty darn good 
Sad parts: Last few eps will make u cry like a baby
Rating: 99%

2. Legend of the Blue Sea (Ongoing)

Legend of the Blue Sea is about the last mermaid (Jun Ji Hyun) on Earth who goes to Seoul and tries to adjust to life on land. She meets a swindler (Lee Min Ho), and the two begin a romantic relationship.

My comment: Come on, its Jun Ji Hyun and freaking Lee Min Ho for crying out loud! They're both my top fave actors. Although I was a little bit worried in the beginning because of the mermaid concept. A lot of mermaid-related Kdrama before this has either made me cringe or bored me to death. Thankfully, this one is pretty good. And the whole thing about reincarnation had me like o.o

Getting into it: First two eps are kinda slow but after that its 👍
Romance: Beautiful couple 💜
Funny: A lot of chuckles
Epicness: Awesome
Sad parts: Exists
Rating: 95%

3. Hwarang (Ongoing)


Hwarang is about the original Hwarang warriors of Silla who are young, elite, and known for being beautiful. Park Seo Joon plays a man who was born poor, but becomes a brave warrior. Go Ara plays his love interest. Park Hyung Shik plays King Jinheung who secretly joins the Hwarang warriors and is able to develop into a great King.

My comment: I like this drama and it has a lot of potential but it is so slow. I don't know about everyone else but I personally think it can skip a few parts which are not important or relevant to the plot. But its not all bad and this one still deserves a spot on this list because I love it nonetheless.

Getting into it: Easy
Romance: Slow, but gradually
Funny: Yes
Epicness: Beautiful fight scenes
Sad parts: Exists
Rating: 90%

4. W-Two Worlds (Completed)

W – Two Worlds is a fantasy romance about a man (Lee Jong Suk) and woman (Han Hyo Joo) living in different worlds. Yeon Joo is a surgeon living in the real world, and her father is the author of the popular web-comic W. And Kang Chul is the main character of that comic.

My comment: This drama is EPIC! The storyline is fabulous and brilliantly planned. You will be on edge like the whole freaking show. Every situation has a plot twist and will definitely blow your mind to bits.

Getting into it: Easy
Romance: Arghh my heart ! 💗
Funny: LOL
Epicness: Amazing. To the point of wanting to be in 'that' world
Sad parts: Exists
Rating: 97%

5. Moon Lovers-Scarlet Heart: Ryeo (Completed)

When a total eclipse of the sun takes place, Hae-Soo (IU) travels back in time to the Goryeo era. There, she falls in love with Wang So (Lee Jun Gi) who makes other people tremble with fear.

My comment: I don't care if you don't like historical dramas or if you feel like its not your cup of tea. Just watch it! Give it a chance, i beg you. It has everything you could ask for including action, romance, handsome princes, drama, and so much intensity. The atmosphere, costumes, sets, music, and story were all completely engaging.

Getting into it: Easy
Romance: Love is in the air ~
Funny: A lot of chuckles
Epicness: Tragically astounding
Sad parts: Just get an eye pack, and a lot of tissues ready. And don't watch at night if you have an appointment in the morning (ur eyes will be swollen)
Rating: 100%

BONUS. This one is Chinese
6. Love O2O (Completed)

Xiao Nai is a gaming expert, who is also the most popular student on campus. One day, he comes across the campus goddess Bei Wei Wei and it was love at first sight. However, it was not Wei Wei's looks that he noticed, but her skills mastery of the online RPG game. Now, Xiao Nai must use his skills both in real life and online to capture Wei Wei's heart.

My comment: This is perfect if you're experiencing a sad moment and need a little escape from reality to help you smile. Some people find the gaming part boring but I personally enjoyed it. It adds that extra spice to the show. I haven't watch that much Cdrama but this is one of the best. Oh did I tell you the lead actor is hot asf? Cause he is.

Getting into it: Moderate (those who hates game just hold on for little bit, it gets better trust me)
Romance: LOVE LOVE LOVEE
Funny: Yes
Epicness: CGI (gaming) is bearable
Sad parts: None
Rating: 98%
 
That's all for today. I hope you find this helpful and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR everyone!


- Audrey

You Might Also Like

0 comments